Pages

July 20, 2011

Neat Resource I Can't Wait to Try!


I recently was looking over the assignment book, The Right Notes, available through Alberti Publishing. Jen recently reviewed it, if you want to take a look at her post. This looks like such a fun resource! It looks like not only a fun, colorful assignment book, but also a great outline for talking about some of the details that tend to get left on the shelf. It has composer biographies, definitions and explanations of other musical terms, descriptions of eras, etc. Some of these things are certainly on my list of not-very-strong points! Just because they aren't my strong points doesn't mean that they won't me my student's, however. This assignment book will allow you to help you student learn about many different details from many angles.

The possibilities are endless with this book. If you use a practice incentive, you could use the topics on each week's page to earn your student some more points. You could give a younger student one oral question to answer from what he learned, or you could give an older student an extra-credit assignment to find out more about that certain subject. How fun! And who doesn't want a chance for some more points toward their ultimate goal?

The other great thing I see about this book is that even if you order the hard copy, it is surprising inexpensive for such a color-packed book. Making it super affordable for every parent! And what parent doesn't like that??

Enough rambling. Short story is, I am super excited to give this book a try. Try it and let me know what you think.


2 comments:

  1. I love the book! I won a copy from Natalie awhile back. It's very cute, colorful, and has lots of writing space. I don't think I would use it with my students though...I enjoy making up my own practice binders, and I always hate to make my students pay for "extras." Just my 2 cents ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I can always use 2 cents. :)

    ReplyDelete