Pages

January 13, 2011

Worksheets

I'm going to write a few posts in the next little bit about worksheets...where to get them, how to use them, and how to make some of your own!

"Worksheet" sounds so formal and....boring. Doesn't it? Maybe we should call them "funsheets" or "activity papers" instead. :) Because worksheets/funsheets/activity papers can be fun! We'll learn in a future post just how fun.

For now, here are some links to some worksheets/funsheets/activity papers (oh for pete's sake) that I have used and enjoyed.

Here are a bunch of fun ones from Making Music Fun. They do make music fun! I use the note recognition timed drills the most often, but there are other great ones offered here. They also have some other resources, such as sticker practice charts, sheet music and composer studies. And they all have fun, ocean-themed graphics. Perfect for the area I live!

I just recently purchased and started using this rhythm workbook from Jen's Piano Studio. It is a workbook that is 100% reproducible. Not only are there some worksheets to be filled out, but other great hands on activities...and we LOVE activities!

Here are some great sightreading worksheets from Music Matters Blog. I haven't actually used these yet, but I am planning on using them SOON!

Stay tuned for some more posts about worksheets! Until then, I'd love to hear from you! What do you use for your teaching? What great worksheet/funsheet/activity papers are out there that I don't know about?? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole,

    I just stumbled upon your blog and had a great time looking around :) Keep up the good work!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for commenting, I love hearing from my readers!

    ReplyDelete