Pages

February 2, 2011

Valentines Resources

It seems like we just finished with a holiday, but here is another one looming in the near future! Before it sneaks up on us too much, I wanted to share with you some links for Valentines activities for your students.

Susan Paradis (you knew I was going to say that, didn't you??) made my job easier and put links to all her Valentines material in one easy post. Keep checking her site, however, because she may come out with some new things between now and February 14th. You just never can tell. And have I ever mentioned how much I love using things from her site??

Sheryl at Notable Music Studio posted about this fun "Musical Hearts" activity she is using with her students. I had seen some of these foam hearts at the dollar store, so I decided to give it a try!!! Here are some pictures of the ones I made:


I was just a little nervous about having to draw on these, because I am about as artistic as a...well, there are no words to describe it. Lets just say, its bad. But actually, I found that it wasn't too hard to draw on the foam. The sharpie kind of sunk in and helped me draw straight.
I used many of the same ideas as Sheryl did, except for I didn't make mine quite so specific, so that I could use them with any age group. For instance, in the picture above, you see one with a keyboard and a star on Middle C. For beginning students, I can have them tell me if that is a group of two or a group of three black notes. If they know the notes on the piano, they can tell me which note it is. For my intermediate students, I can ask them to play that scale. I think this way will leave me with a lot of flexibility for each student to participate. I plan to use these next week in lessons, so I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. that was really neat! I love holiday inspired teaching tools, I think it puts a new spin/interest in learning games for kids

    ReplyDelete