Pages

April 11, 2011

New: Printables!

I am happy to share with you today a couple of printables. I shared with you before about my keyboard worksheet that I made to help my brother learn the fingering for cadence inversions. Yes, you can now download it for yourself! Feel free to use it in whatever way it will help you...it doesn't have to just be for cadences.



I also just tried my hand at making a little composing activity for a little beginner. He is 7 years old, and I wanted something that fit in with what he has learned already and it doing in his lesson book. This is what I came up with. I plan to work on it tomorrow at his lesson, so we will see how it works.

Since we know how bad my creativity is, I totally bombed trying to come up with a little rhyme to go along with this rhythm. I plan on having my student decide what he wants his song to be about, and then maybe we can come up with words together. If any of you think of some words to this, please feel free to share them!

I am still experimenting and learning about how to get these so you all can download them, so if any of the links above do not work properly, please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! Hope the lesson goes well. I like your idea about coming up with the rhyme with the student- that way the words will be a part of the creation and something they had a hand in. It also gets you off the hook ;)

    What do you use to make your printables? Do you have a special music software that you've bought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just use plain ol' Pages to make my printables. That is the Mac program similar to Word, if you are a PC user. I just use pictures of notes and stuff from the internet. Probably not the easiest way to do it, but it works! I would love to get Finale some day, but right now I don't have a computer that can take such a big program. So, I use what I have a make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks- I use Publisher...and it can be a LOT of effort to try and design your own without some kind of fancy software like Finale- I know! Did you see my post about the website I found that had some free music notation fonts on it? I was so excited to find it, and I've used it for several worksheets now.

    ReplyDelete